Sunday, March 13, 2011

Riley Celebrates St. Patrick's Day!


In honor of St. Patty's Day, Riley is toasting with a glass of Guinness! Or at least I think that is what he has! Who knows, maybe it is a Black and Tan. Remember, this is coming from a non-beer drinker!

I started with a green Bazzill base card and scatter stamped some shamrocks in Tsukineko Green Tea pigment ink. Then I stamped and colored Riley. I tried stamping in brown ink, but that did not work out at all! Went black to my favorite ink - Onyx Black Versafine. Colored him with watercolor pencils and a Dove blender pen. Next I stamped the wording from Stampendous in Green Tea ink on a piece of lighter green and added the ribbon (one of my favorite patterns from May Arts!). Layered the who thing and up and, voila! A pretty quick card!

Hopefully you're seeing more green in your life. The snow here is slowly melting. I am probably down to a foot on my lawn! Come on Spring!

Jeannette