Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wouldn't we all like a day at the beach...


You know, if you're in the snowy northeast, we are ready for some beach weather! Of course, it was a balmy 50 degrees this morning, so that felt pretty nice.

This stamp is a Leigh Hannon image from Impression Obsession. I just loved the fun cupcake design and the saying was perfect! Of course, WHY can't it always be a day at the beach? :) The image was stamped with black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. Then carefully cut out. To make the background, I took 3 colors of Bazzill cardstock and cut a strip 4-3/8" wide. I made several different sizes and "puzzled" them together to get the striped background. The easiest thing to do is run about 4 strips of adhesive (I use 1/2" wide Scotch ATG tape) then start at the top and work my way down. When you get to the last strip, you cut it the width you need to keep your margins straight. The brown underneath is 4-1/2" square. After all the pieces were attached, I stamped the words with Black Versafine ink. I added a brown Bazzill button with some ivory string from May Arts tied through it.

Thanks for making me part of your day today!
Jeannette