Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stamping Baby Gifts...


I was invited to a baby shower where you are supposed to bring a decorated onesie to the shower for the mother-to-be to try to guess who made each onesie. Well, of course I was going to stamp something! I used some animal images from a Stampendous clear baby set. I used VersaCraft ink from Tsukineko and heat set the ink with an iron. I placed a Cuttlebug B plate with a piece of white cardstock on top in the middle of the onesie to create a good stamping surface and catch the marker ink after it soaked through the fabric. Then I colored the design with Copic markers. It is a little tricky, as the markers like to move quickly in the fabric. What I discovered worked best was to color a small area, then quickly iron over it (I placed a clean sheet of paper between the iron and the onesie) to dry the ink quickly and keep it from running.

I also made a quick card using a fun Noah's Ark image, colored with watercolor pencils and cut out and layered with a couple Spellbinders dies. Lacey Circles is one of my favorites! The border punch is an EK Success punch and I added a white satin bow wrapped around the layer.

Thanks for checking out the blog today!

Jeannette