Sunday, November 6, 2011

Flourishes Waterlily...

I just love Flourishes stamps! Besides the great artwork, the other thing I love about them is the quality of their clear rubber! It is the only company whose clear rubber stamps beautifully the first time, and every time - and gives a result that I cannot distinguish from red rubber. And I am a big fan of natural red rubber, so that is saying a lot! Okay, back to the card. This uses their waterlily set and the waterlily image is stamped with back Momento ink, colored with Copics and cut out. I took a Spellbinders label die and cut and embossed the cardstock. Before removing it from the die, I edged it with Ranger Distress ink. I find the Distress ink is the best ink for this effect. The fact that it stays wet a bit longer seems to allow it to blend over the cardstock easily and gives wonderful results. I stamped the words next, using VersaFine ink. The DP is from BoBunny and I added some crochet ribbon from May Arts with some beige double-face satin over the top tied in a square knot. Add a couple layers, a few pearls and you're done!
Thanks for adding us to your day!
Jeannette