Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chasing Butterflies...

I know that by the calendar, this is a little out of season, but we have been having some unseasonably warm weather here in the northeast - hopefully that will mean a mild winter, but I doubt that the 2 are related. Back to the card...I used a set from My Favorite Things and this is a paper-piecers dream! You start by stamping the image on white cardstock with Momento ink. Then I stamped the dress part of the image on the floral print cardstock and the hair part of the image on a piece of tan cardstock and cut out the dress and her hair. First you attach the dress piece to your white stamped image, and then the hair. I like to use Ranger's Glossy Accents, which is my favorite "small piece adhesive." I use it for big pieces, too, but I LOVE it for the little ones. I also stamped the corner of her dress on pink and cut out the little heart and added that. Now you can color the rest of the image with Copics and the words on a strip of pink Bazzill. The striped DP paper is the reverse side to the floral print that makes up her dress. I added a couple butterflies above her with some pearls and you're done!


Have a great stamping day!
Jeannette