Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Silhouette...

This card uses one of the new Christmas sets from Flourishes. The set contains some holiday silhouettes and I really like this one with the kids trimming the tree. I stamped the image with black Versafine ink, cut it out with a Spellbinders circle die, then only colored the skirt of the little girl with red and green Copic markers. You can use Versafine with Copics if you are careful not to run the pen over the ink. In this case, I stamped it a couple days ago, so the ink had completely dried. I would not do any heavy blending with this ink, but I prefer it for stamps like this as I think it gives a superior image. Then I went around the edge with Ranger Wild Honey Distress ink. Wild Honey is truly one of my favorites - I use it a lot. Sometime by itself and sometimes over a brown first layer - as it "warms it up." I stamped the words next, over the distress ink. Then I layered it to a green scallop layer and used a red and kraft harlequin paper from Canvas Corp for the main background layer. Add a red and green ribbon from May Arts and some little red crystals from Memory Box to give it a little bling, and you're done!


Thanks for coming by today!



Jeannette