Monday, June 27, 2011

Purple Posies - and a Quick Trick!




This card was made using one of the fun flower images from Outlines. I call them posies, because that is what I think of when I see them. They call them serendipity stamps, but I like posies better. Anyway, I stamped the image with Momento and colored the flowers with Copic markers. I wanted to add some pearls to the little circle parts of the image, but did not have any purple pearls of the right color. Not a problem with Copics! The purple flowers are colored with the BV series and I just went up one color darker from the darkest color I used and ran the marker over the pearls. See image below. I used BV02 in this case for the pearls. Then I simply allowed them to dry and added them to the finished card. This is a great way to make coordinating embellishments with your markers. You can always airbrush the embellishment and it will likely give you a more even layer of color, but the pen seemed to work just fine for these little pearls.

Thanks for making us part of your day today!
Jeannette