Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lovely Violets...



This card is using the violets set from Flourishes. Of all the flower stamps by Flourishes, this set is one of my favorites. I stamped the image on white cardstock with Memento ink first, then cut it out with a circle Spellbinders die so that the image is mostly on the left side of the circle. After cutting it out, but before I popped the circle out of the die, I applied Ranger Wild Honey Distress ink around the edges of the circle - the die protects the edge so you get that nice white contrast when you remove the cardstock from the die. The violets are colored with Copics and the Happy B-Day stamp is from another Flourishes set - Mix-n-Mugs. I used an EK Success border punch to create the 2 purple layers that cover the left edge of the circle. The ribbon is from May Arts - another of my favorites!



Thanks for checking out the blog today!
Jeannette