Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Pirate Moose!




I had to make a card for my nephew who is turning 22 on Monday. These are the toughest cards to design - in my opinion. Guys between 17 and 30. Seeing that the pirate theme always goes along well, I saw the Pirate Riley image and thought "This might work!" So I colored him with Copic markers (colors are shown below). It is a lot of colors, but there are a lot of little things to color on this stamp! I used the BoBunny Double Dot Designs striped cardstock for the background and the red and teal colored standard double dot cardstock for accents. I added the black ribbon with the white stitching for some accent (not too girlie, mind you!) and punched out the happy birthday design and layered it to a black scallop circle cut from a Spellbinders die.


I think he will like the card - now we just have to hope that the rain ends before his surprise party!


Thanks for coming by today!
Jeannette