Sunday, May 8, 2011

Delight in the Unexpected...



Sorry I have been so bad about posting. I always have great plans - just don't always seem to execute them as well as expected.


This card features Marcie - one of the characters from LaLa Land Crafts - which is one of the newer companies that we recently picked up for the store. In this image, she is sitting, which always poses a challenge for designing a card, so I had her "sit" on a piece of ribbon. She is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used an EK Success border punch on 2 different pieces of cardstock - one is an embossed cardstock from Bazzill and the other is a print cardstock from Kaiser. After punching out the borders, I butted the 2 ends together on a lighter purple Bazzill layer, put that on a green layer and wrapped the ribbon piece around where the 2 pieces came together. Then I mounted all that onto a darker purple card and attached Marcie with foam tape so she is sitting on the ribbon. The words are from Hero Arts - I stamped them on green cardstock (same color as the green layer below), then punched them out with a circle punch and added a purple scallop circle cut from a Spellbinders die. That is also attached with foam tape.


Thanks for coming by today!


Jeannette