Monday, December 20, 2010

Custom calendars...


The more uses you can come up with your stamping and scrapping supplies, the more you can justify your expense! At least that is how I look at it. My husband and I own 2 cats. Last year I started making him a calendar with the cats for their Christmas gift. It is one that stands on a little stand. Last year, I think I made the entire calendar on December 24th. This year I started it on the 19th, so I am WAY ahead of the game. I got 3 months done, so I am 1/4 of the way there! This is the January page (when I get it completed, I will show how I make the stand). I used a 6x6" piece of Bazzill cardstock, then stamped an Impression Obsession snowflake image from one of their clear sets over the cardstock with VersaMark ink. I trimmed and attached the photo and calendar piece. I make the calendars with MicroSoft Excel and a fancy font. I added a few punches snowflakes and some self-adhesive pearls from Queen and Company. Their pearls are extra nice because there is not a "strip" of adhesive that you have to cut through and then trim off any excess!

I hope everyone is surviving the last rush before Christmas!

Jeannette