Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Card from the cats...


Besides giving a gift, the cats also make a card every year. Either they are crafty felines or they know who to commission for the job! I did not have a lot of cat Christmas images this year, so I had to improvise. I started with an old QuicKutz cat die - cut them out in 2 colors for the different cats and added some tabby striping. If you noticed the picture of Dora from a few posts back, she is actually a patch tabby with both orange and gray patches, but that is WAY too difficult to try to recreate, so she becomes the orange one. Bucle (pronounced buckle -the name the folks at the humane society gave here) is a classic gray and black tabby - much easier! The tree and swirl is from the new Spellbinders set. I stenciled some green onto the tree, then cut the tree out again from gold and red foil paper. I discovered that it looks like faux metal! It is beautiful! Good thing to discover for future projects! Everything got glued down and I added some little holly springs from a Tonic punch to make the girls more festive! Phew! Now I am off to the gift wrapping phase!

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!
Jeannette