Saturday, April 23, 2011

Last Minute Easter Card....

I am sure I am not the only one out there working on last-minute Easter cards! This is one that I can give personally tomorrow, so I am all set! I used a clear set from Stampendous with a couple elegant eggs (it also has a gorgeous butterfly). I stamped the eggs with Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. You have to be quick with VersaFine when embossing, as the ink is designed to dry quickly. Then I colored the eggs with Copic markers - colors are shown below. The words are by Penny Black and I added a white satin ribbon down the side. This is an A-6 card (folded card measures 4-1/2 x 6-1/4"). A-6 cards are a great size - sometimes the standard A-2 cards are just a little too small and the A-6 is perfect. The pink dotted cardstock is BoBunny Double Dot (of course!). The rest of the layers are classic Bazzill cardstock.


These are the colors I used for coloring the eggs on the card. I chose to leave the main part of the egg white, as I thought it gave a little more contrast.




Thanks for stopping by today. I should have another post later today if I get all my Easter prep stuff done to show you!

Jeannette