Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flowers and Butterflies...


This is not a new image from Penny Black, but it is one that I love. The card also uses a trick that you can do with a piece of chipboard and a personal die cutter. To create the "pocket" that the image is in, I first stamp the image on the cardstock (in this case, a white linen). I wait to color it in case something goes wrong in the next step. Then a cut a square of chipboard the size I want. Using removable tape, I position the chipboard over the image where I want the indented area to be and then run it through a die cutting machine with the same sandwich stack I use for embossing folders. This presses the cardstock around the chipboard and creates the indented section. Next I color the image and complete the card. In this case, I used Staedtler watercolor pencils and a Dove blender pen. I also colored some butterflies (also from Penny Black), cut them out and attached them in the middle section. I added a little glitter around the edge of the white cardstock before layering it to the rest of the card. It looks complicated, but it actually quite simple.

Thanks for coming by!
Jeannette