Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beautiful violets...


This violet image is from Flourishes - and it is one that I simply love! The flowers from Flourishes in general are some of my favorite images. They have wonderful depth and realism. For this card, I used one of the Grand Caliber dies from Spellbinders as the card base. The actual card is made by folding a piece of 12x12" cardstock in half and cutting it with the die so that the folded area is below the upper cutting edge of the die. Then we cut a piece out of the green Bazzill cardstock with the same die and attach that over the folded piece - this way the front of the card has the complete shape and the card still opens. The image is stamped on a circle cut from a Spellbinders die and colored with Copic markers. I layered it to a purple Lacey Circles cut piece and attached it to the front of the card.. Lastly I added a ribbon bow and a couple pearls. I love using the large dies to make cards in fun shapes.

Thanks for checking out the blog today!
Jeannette