Monday, August 13, 2012

Hope...



For this card, I started with some Memory Box stamps.  But first I had to create the background.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and spritzed it with water to get it wet.  Then I took various colors of Twinkling H2Os and applied them with a brush - the water made them move around.  The trick is to not put on too many Twinks.  Then I dried it with a heat gun - which makes the Twinks sparkle.  Now you can stamp the Memory Box hope stamp, then cut out.  When the ink was completely dry, I took a little pink Twink and carefully painted the flowers on the branch - you have to be careful, as you don't want to go over the black lines of the image, as Twinks are somewhat opaque and you lose the details. Then I stamped the butterfly on orange cardstock, cut it out and attached to the front of the card.  Done!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jeannette