Monday, September 19, 2011

Gift Card Holders...

I needed to make a card that would hold a gift card for a birthday. Art Impressions came out with a line of stamps for just this purpose. I adore this lady - I am convinced that I will look like her in about 20 years! I stamped her on white cardstock, colored her with Prismacolor pencils and cut her out. Then I stamped the image again on DP and cut out just her top and glued it over the white image. I like to use a thin line of Ranger's Glossy Accents for this type of gluing - it has never failed me! I stamped the gift box image on the striped paper and cut it out. Stamped it again on Bazzill Tink Pink and cut out the bow and ribbon and glued it over the striped image. I cut out the blue dot paper (from Melissa Frances) and started to assemble. First I glued my lady down at the top of the blue dot paper with Glossy Accents. Next, I glued down the top of the package - positioning it so she looks like she is behind the box. I placed the lower box below (no glue) and put 2 small pencils marks the width of the box. I removed the box bottom and used an exacto knife to cut a slit between the dots (I cut 2 lines a snitch apart to create a small opening). Then I glued down the box bottom - carefully placing it just below the bottom of my slot. I layered this to the piece of black cardstock - applying 1/8" adhesive (I used 1/8" Scor-tape) so that the gift card would stop at the bottom. I stamped the words below the package and completed the cards. For the last little detail, I put 2 pink adhesive pearls on her ears for earrings! Hey, a girl has got to look good!
Then you simply slide in your gift card and you're done! Instant present!
Thanks for stopping by!
Jeannette