Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tilda in Paris


The main stamp is "Tilda in Paris," which is one of the older Magnolia images, but she is very cute and I just had to do something fun with her. On this card, I used paper piecing for her clothes, hair ties and hat. The image is stamped on print cardstock, then the separate parts are cut out and put together as they are attached the base image. The trickiest part of paper piecing is finding print that are sized appropriately for the size of the image. These pieces are pretty small, so you need to find something with a pretty small pattern. The rest of the image is colored with Copic markers. I used 3 colors of Bazzill Swiss Dots cardstock - the 2 layers are cut out with the Spellbinders Dahlia dies. I distressed the edges with Ranger Distress Ink - Worn Lipstock color. I went a bit out of my comfort zone for colors, but was pleased with the result.