Friday, June 22, 2012

Elegant Flowers...

Penny Black Rubber Stamps has been supplying us with eye-catching and cute images for years.  They were one of my first companies when I started Stamped Designs in 1996 and they continue to be one of my favorite companies.  This card features some fun techniques.  First, the flower and butterfly image is stamped with Ranger's Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder.  You can do this, because the distress ink is designed to stay wet longer than other dye inks - which means you can emboss it!  This also traps the color under the melted powder, so you can color with water-based mediums without the lines bleeding.


Add a lot of layers and some colored bling (I colored crystals with my Copic markers!) and you have a very elegant card that can be used for many occasions. 

Thanks for making us part of your day!
Jeannette