Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Weather is Not Looking Good...

Here it is 2 days BEFORE Halloween and we have a Nor 'Easter bearing down on us - predicting a substantial snowfall for tonight into tomorrow. This might mean more candy for us, as I am not certain how the trick or treaters are supposed to get around in a bunch of snow. So, today's card, of course, is a snowman, as they might start making an early appearance this year!



The snowman image I chose is from Printworks and he is one of my favorites. Well, honestly, I have a LOT of favorites, as I love snowmen. Starting with the background, this is similar to what I did for the wreath card a couple days ago. I took a lightweight watercolor paper from The Paper Cut and stamped one of the mega background stamps with white embossing ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. Then I took 2 colors of Ranger Distress Stain and covered the piece. Next, I spritzed watered with pearl Perfect Pearls mixed in. I actually prefer this to the pre-mixed variety for this technique, as I can control the "pearliness" and I prefer it a little lighter for this particular technique.






The snowman is stamped with Momento ink and colored with Copic markers. Layer it up and add a white ribbon wrapped bow and you're done!


So, if you're in the path of this winter storm - stay safe and be careful! Hopefully you won't lose power. We have the wood stove ready to go if necessary.


Jeannette