Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Sailing...

Hey, this is a true summertime card! Especially for those of us on the seacoast! This is using a great clear stamp set from My Favorite Things and also uses several of their dies. The bunny in the boat is stamped first on the white card, then stamped again on several other cardstocks, then paper-pierced onto the image. I've had several people ask me what I use to adhering paper pieces to card. Honestly, my favorite thing is Ranger's Glossy Accents. However, a word of advice, you want a VERY thin line of Glossy Accents - it is a liquid and it will spread. I usually place a thin line, all around the edge of the piece - and place it about 1/4" from the edge - that way it does not ooze out onto card. The front of the base card is partially embossed with a swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder. The sun was cut out of a Memory Box paper, then run through a swiss dot embossing folder and layered with foam tape. This card is more generic in the saying, but this would also make a great birthday card for a guy!
We'll be having some fun photos from CHA soon!
Jeannette