Sunday, November 14, 2010

A FUN Birthday Card!


I have had this stamp since the mid 90's and I cannot count how many cards like this I have made. This is the first time I have actually taken a picture of one, however. I tend to use it for milestone birthdays (40, 50, etc) and have used it for a lot of guys. I needed just such a card for tomorrow and knew exactly what stamp to pull. The lady and the scruffy cat are by Art Impressions (and I do not know if it is even currently available) and the birthday words above are from Printworks. I colored them both with watercolor pencils and a blender pen and cut them out. This cutting is not for someone who does not like to cut! You could certainly stamp and color them without cutting them out, but I really like the popped effect when they are cut out and mounted with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Jeannette