Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gotta love those Flourishes stamps!


Flourishes is quickly becoming one of my favorite stamp companies. Their designs are just elegant and stamp beautifully. This image is from one the "calendar" flower series and I colored it in Prismacolor pencils. It is layered with several Spellbinders dies - including "Labels Ten," which is also finding itself onto my favorites list. The white oval is cut out and the cardstock left in the die. I then took a large round dauber and added some color with Ranger Distress ink - the Milled Lavender color. The die protects the edge and you get a nice white edge around the oval. I added a couple adhesive gold beads to the top and bottom of the die cut to give it a little punch. This is one of those cards that is good to have in your stash - as you could turn it into a card for almost any occasion - just add the appropriate sentiment.