Friday, June 11, 2010

Graduation time!


This is prime high school graduation time here in the northeast and I had to make a "guy grad card" this week. I always find these more challenging, as many folks do. I pulled out a real vintage stamp. The main image is by Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers (affectionately know as RBBB to those of us who formerly collected them). My good friend Paula owned and ran this company years ago and it was chock fill of hysterical stamps - stamps with a good twist on things. I have made and laughed through many cards with RBBB stamps.


The grad hat stripe is a glitter paper from Best Creations and the wording is from a grad set by Impression Obsession. It's a pretty simple card, but effective and done with the school colors (dark green/gold) in mind. I could not bring myself to mount this on a dark yellow card, so I chose something with a little more beige in it.


Thanks for stopping by!