Thursday, May 13, 2010

Well, it SEEMED like a good idea...


As the picture shows, leaving a straight pin in a small bottle of Glossy Accents is NOT a good idea. I have always had a problem with keeping the tips from clogging and have been told by Tim Holtz that the solution is to firmly tap the bottom of the bottle on the table after use and capping tightly, but I always forgot to do that. I thought that leaving a pin inserted in the tip during storage would allow me to remove the pin and then have a clear hole. Apparently the glossy accents reacted with the pin and corroded. As you can see, it was quite disgusting. Not to mention that the Glossy Accents came out brown-ish. I am sure eventually it would go to clear, but who wants to waste that much Glossy Accents? So, the school of hard knocks does NOT recommend the "pin trick."