Sunday, April 11, 2010

Elegance with Penny Black stamps...


Those of you that have known me for some time know that I have used Penny Black stamps since about 1996. They do cute better than anyone with their hedgehogs and other critters. I have loved them for years. In addition, there are wonderful florals and interesting words that are different from the standard sayings. I have used the florals for every type of greeting card imaginable. On this card, the same flower image that is used for the main image is also stamped with white Stazon ink on a piece of vellum - creating your own background paper. To create a custom shadow stamp, I use the Ranger Cut & Dry Foam - trim it to the size I need, then ink the gray side with a light ink (the Ranger Adirondack Lights work great for this) and stamp right over the words. The ribbon here is by May Arts. The final touch is to add some Stickles to the ends of the flowers for a little pop!
Thanks for stopping by!
Jeannette