Monday, March 1, 2010

Wrinkle Free Distress with new Distress Inks






12 new fabulous colors of Ranger's Distress Ink Pads came in last week. I decided to use 3 of the new colors and do some "wrinkle-free distressing" on some ivory cardstock. I used Forest Moss, Crushed Olive and Stormy Sky. To do this technique, you need a Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Simply apply ink direct from the pad onto the craft sheet. 2-3 hits of each color is plenty. Now, in the "normal mode" you simply spritz with plain water, but I added a little gold Perfect Pearls to my mini mister and spritzed that onto the craft sheet. You then simply dab the cardstock piece repeatedly onto the ink and it will create a wonderful multi-color background. The Perfect Pearls adds a nice gold accent (which is not very visibly in the photo). I dried it (and used an iron to get it flat), then trimmed it to size and used it on my card. It is quick and easy - and the colors combinations are endless!