Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Penny Black Holiday Cards


Penny Black has the cutest hedgehog images. Of course, there are other cute characters and also some wonderful classy images. We used a couple of the cute critter images from one of the new holiday clear sets and a classic dove image to make these 3 holiday cards. The dove card is a simple design with a wonderful sentiment. I took some snowflake images from Stampendous and scatter stamped them in gold metallic ink to reduce the white space and add a little sparkle. The hedgehog card uses some new designer paper from ANW Crestwood with beautiful silver metallic swirls. The silver snowflakes I added red and green snowflakes to the mice card using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch. I know that the colors are not ordinary colors for snowflakes, but I think that they finish the card. I used gold metallic dewdrops from the Robin's Nest in the center of the snowflakes to add a little shine.